Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Does Anyone Sing Merle Better than Joe?


Have you ever heard Joe Nichols sing a Merle Haggard song?  If not, you're missing out.  I honestly don't know of anyone that can see Merle as good as Joe.  Let me give you some examples so you can see for yourself!  I'm going to give you both versions.  Merle's version and Joe's version of each song.  If you're not a Joe fan, but you are a Merle fan, you just might have a reason to like Joe after you hear this!  

Here's Footlights.  This is probably one of my absolute favorite songs.  If I could request this at every Joe Nichols show I go to, I would!


Merle's Version

Joe's Version


And here's Okie From Muskogee.
Merle's Version

Joe's Version

If I Could Only Fly
Merle's Version

Joe's Version
 

Well, what do you think?  Doesn't Joe sing Merle better than anyone else?  Any newly converted Joe fans after this?!

No comments:

Post a Comment