Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Help Me Decorate My House

I must confess...I'm horrible at decorating.  I don't know what should go where on the wall or how much is too much or what's too little.  So I'm going to ask you for help!  But here's the tricky part....I want to decorate with yard sale finds and by DIY projects!  Let's see how little I can spend to decorate my house!  

So here we go!  I'm starting with my living room and half bathroom that's right off the living room.  I'm welcome to any and every suggestion.  The only things I'm not willing to change are the floors and the wall color since they have both been recently done.  Point me to Pinterest.  Take some of my yard sale finds and tell me how to re-purpose them.  Tell me what colors to use.  Tell me what to take out of here.  Pick it apart.  I'm completely fine with it!




This picture is staying!

Don't judge me for this old TV!  It was a hand me down!  Which means FREE!


Because my furniture is so large, I have all of this empty space.  What can I do?  Also, the coffee tables can be replaced!

Ooops...I forgot one other thing can't go... I'm in love with this lamp.  I bought it at thrift store! 



This door leads to my TINY half bath.

It's a half wall.  Not very big at all.  But it's boring.

This bathroom just got a HUGE makeover.  But it still needs decorating.

Here's my TINY storage door in the bathroom.  You kinda expect an elf to live behind it...


The mirror is new and I do love it!!

This soooo needs an update!

 Okay, why all these corks?  My plan is to do a DIY project for above my couch.  Look at the colors!  I gotta give thanks to Lynnaire, Lauren, Wanda, Butch, Anna, Bill, Nancy and any other bartenders I forgot to name!  They have helped me collect these for a good long while!

And the reason I can't move my chair from under my window?.....

This little munckin of mine has to be the neighborhood watch!!!


So there you have it!  That's my living room and half bath.  I'm ready for your input.  Go for it!  Decorate my room!!!

4 comments:

  1. http://pinterest.com/pin/196399233720695520/

    For your bathroom: Above toilet shelves and extra storage :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm certainly no decorator (you've seen my house, although, in my defense, it's not really my fault it looks like that!), but here is what came to my mind. I know you said you wanted to use the corks for a project above the couch. But I think it would look cool to take maybe there different but complimentary glass containers and put some corks in each and use them as a coffee or kitchen table centerpiece. For over the couch, I'd probably do three or four smaller pictures, since you already have the larger cowboy boot picture on the other wall. Or maybe a really large wrought iron candle holder like this: http://www.amazon.com/Netted-Wrought-D%C3%A9cor-Candle-Holder/dp/B006752TQK/ref=sr_1_34?ie=UTF8&qid=1344011190&sr=8-34&keywords=iron+candle+holder+wall+decor.
    That particular one is expensive and may not be your taste at all, but it reminds me of barbed wire, which kind of goes with the country theme you have going on. (Or maybe I'm really reaching there!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's very interesting. I like it though! I like the idea of the smaller pictures too!

    ReplyDelete