Saturday, July 7, 2012

Yard Sale Finds

It's Saturday.  That means it was yard sale morning!!!  I over slept today, but it actually turned out just fine.  We didn't have a lot of time to get out there today, but boy did we maximize the time we had.  Thank goodness for some great finds.  See....






We started out at this one yard sale where I found two small mirrors, a lazy susan that needs to be painted and these great candle sticks.  Yes, they need to be painted to.  But what to do with them??  Make a cake stand with them as the base?  Hmm...sooo many thoughts. 






And then, there is was, my new favorite sign: ESTATE SALE.  You know it's going to be good.  Most estate sales happen after an elderly person has passed away.  This means that you can purchase almost everything.  From furniture to great things in the kitchen to sewing machines to....well yes, I think you get the picture....pretty much everything!  And here's something I've noticed...they usually start estate sales on Friday.  So by Saturday, they are trying to get rid of things.  This is the time to go because it usually means 1/2 price!!!  I was able to get a glass vase, these cute small glasses, a pan, a tin plate, and some other kitchen utensils.  Now the decision to use some of this in my kitchen or as art?!  What do you think?







After we thought we were done for the day because of the late start, we saw one more sign and had to check it out.  It was a yard sales with all the proceeds going to a special needs camp.  Of course I was going to buy something, but holy smokes....there's nothing better than hearing "it's all free"!!!  They said they would accept a donation, but to grab a box or two or three and take all you want for free.  So....that's just what we did.  So much to think about!!  


Won't this be cute to put my salt and pepper shakers in?!



I finally got a oil lamp!!  To keep it this color or to paint it?


Wooden candle sticks.  These will be fun to paint!!


A picket fence for the wall!!!!  YES!!!  Talk about country decor at it best!!


I have a slight obsession with pigs and cows.  I think this wooden pig needs to be painted....maybe even in a cow pattern!  Black and white!  Ha!!


Cow Tales?!  Looks like a book doesn't it?!  Nope, it's just painted to look like one!  I'm in love!!!!



These picture frames are begging to be painted....or wrapped in fabric....or maybe some scrapbook paper and some mod podge.


I can't pass up stuff like this.  This is a homemade checkers board with home made hearts and circles.  Problem is....I'm missing one of each.  How do I remedy this??



Then, a miniature spinning wheel!!!  How do you not get this?  I mean, it was free!!  I could do just about anything with this.


A plain wooden shelf.  To paint or not to paint....that is the question!


They have plaid!!  Yes, I'm a sucker for plaid.  Too cute and too county.  And did I mention that it was free?!?!?!?!?!?!?


I LOVE this.  I can't decide if I should keep the cute little painting on it or if I should paint over it.  Any thoughts?  It really is cute with the paintings.  Gives it more of that homemade charm, doesn't it?


So there ya have it!  There's my BIG day of yard sales.  Now let the crafting begin.  Or maybe it should wait until the winter so I have plenty to do when I can't be out finding the next best yard sale or estate sale.  But here's where you come in...I would love all the advice you could give me on what to do with some of these things.  You might have ideas I wouldn't have ever thought about!

No comments:

Post a Comment