Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Help Me Decorate My House

The Kitchen

I had so much fun with your ideas for my living room that I thought I would continue on with the rest of the house.  Same thing as last time.  Please give me any and all ideas you have.  What to change out.  What to add.  What to paint.  Yeah, you get the picture.

It was painted this color when I moved in.  I have to admit....it was what sold me on the house!  Yeah...yeah....a paint color!


This hutch and chair were bought at a yard sale a few years ago.  $35 for both!!

The games need a new home.  This piece of furniture was bought off of craigslist.  I honestly don't remember how much I paid for it.  I know I got it good deal on it though!

Got this bench at a yard sale earlier this year.  I think I paid $5 for it and a coat rack!  It needs painting, don't you think?  What color?  More than one color?  A pattern?  Ideas?

I've never liked this light fixture.  And yes, it's clean...it just doesn't look like it.

Every country kitchen  needs a good country saying...."Kiss My Grits!"

Above the cabinets, it says "The Fondest Memories Happen When Gathered Around the Table".  And the door leads to my back patio.

The refrigerator was here when I moved in.  Even though it's out-date and not so pretty, it works!



Pinterest project!  Magnetic spices!  It really does free up a lot of space.  And I love looking at the bright colors!

Doors to my laundry.  And on the right is my pantry.  The mail rack I got free at a yard sale. Can't decide if I should paint it or leave it the way it is.



Looking into the living room from the kitchen table.

So there you go.  There's my kitchen.  I'm ready for your ideas!  And start....NOW!

2 comments:

  1. If you don't replace the chandelier, you could spraypaint it and drape ribbons on it, or garland, or spraypaint the garland the same color to look like painted metal and then wrap? The corner hutch I'd try to match with the wall. The big hutch looks good! Pick out a complamentary color (opposite of the main color or variation) and go to town! What is the color of the wall by the way? I don't know if I am seeing red or cranberry, both very pretty. Good luck girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, I have thought on it. How attached are you to the red walls? This is just my take on it, but I would either get rid of the red (it's a little bit too much on the purple side for me) totally and lighten up the walls or maybe just leave just an accent wall behind the table red. The darker color on all the walls just makes the area seem smaller. I think a red that is more like a rustic barn red (like in the moo & oink signs) would be more suitable). Another thing I noticed is that there is a lot of large furniture in your dining area and the woods are all different colors. Just doesn't seem to be working together. I would paint the corner hutch white to match the other large hutch. I would take the chandelier apart and spray paint it a flat black and replace the glass globes (not sure how that center piece could be replaced). If you are keeping the bench at the table, I wouldn't do anything crazy. Maybe paint it white if you don't want to strip it and stain it to match the table.

    Ok, I think that is all I have for now. ha ha!

    ReplyDelete