Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Old Grand Ole Opry Programs


Do you remember these Grand Ole Opry programs that I found at a yard sale Saturday?  Well, I had to examine them closer and wow...they are amazing!  

This was the oldest program.  And still in great shape though!

Programs are free now!  They had to pay 50 cents even way back then!

Here's a look at the inside:

The history of Marty Robbins

And here it is!  The Friday night and Saturday night schedule!!

See this...Roy Acuff AND Minnie Pearl!!!!

What you've been waiting for....the date!  It was 1982!!!  I was just days away from being 6 months old.


Awe....the back...Oh how I miss Opryland....


The next oldest program:

This one has a cool feature..

Artist Tidbits! 

Like these: 



And an artist spotlight page.  This one is Jack Greene.

A little Opry history! 

And the date...1996 

Today was my friend Jennifer's 15th Birthday!  (Although neither of us were actually at the Opry that night.) 

Look at the artists that were there!  I wish I had been there that night! 


I picked up 2 copies of this next program.  It was one special night at the Opry.  The night that Country Came Home!  The Opry had been at other venues while the Opry House was being repaired from the flood.  This night, it came back home!

What a special night.  And to think the flood was in May and the Opry House was ready to go in September!  That's a lot of people working hard to get it back up and going.






 So there you have it!  A closer look at those amazing Opry programs!  I would have given anything to be there in 1982 to see Roy Acuff and Minnie Pearl together.



No comments:

Post a Comment