Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Favorite Bible Verse

"For I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord.  "Plans to prosper you and not to harm you.  Plans to give you a hope and a future." ~ Jeremiah 29:11

In the crazy world, it's easy to wonder why you go through what you do.  It's easy to ask why.  But if we think about this verse and realize that it really is the Lord that has the plans for what we go through, we'll be able to realize that even the "bad" in life is a purpose in God's will for our lives.  He never wants to harm us, He just wants us to go through certain things so we can see Him.

I've watched a good friend heal after being shot in the head.  How can someone believe that God had that planned and that God wasn't trying to harm him?  It seems impossible.  And how, as a child, was I to believe that through my parents divorce and watching my dad put me right in the middle that God wasn't harming me?

I think it takes getting through the situation and looking back and seeing where God has you and all the blessing you now have in your life after what you've gone through.  I've learned so much from my experience.  I learned what parent was really there caring for me.  And I've learned how I can use my experience and be there for others.  It was as if God had this in the plan all along!  He has a way of surprising us when we least think He can.  Out of nowhere, we can see what His plans for our life are and we are blessed for all the trials and tribulations He had us go through to get there.  He gives us hope for brighter days and a plan for the future that we may never see coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment