Tuesday, July 3, 2012

A Little About Me


I'm a native Nashvillian who, unlike most Nashvillians, loves country music.  Now let's go ahead and clarify what I mean by "country music".  I mean the good old kind...not the new pop kind.  Give me some Merle Haggard and Keith Whitley any day over some of this new stuff.  I'm proud to live here in Music City USA....home of the Grand Ole Opry...where just walking downtown the music is just as good if not better than what's on the radio.  The talent in this town is unbelievable.  I love music, but I'm not crazy enough to think I'm good at it!  I'm just good at listening to it....and well....yes, I admit it....I'm good at singing in the car...just as long as the windows are rolled up!  


I've always loved to bake, but it's taken on a new life since I started finding all these fun cookie recipes on blogs.  Years ago, several of us girls at work ended up in what some called the "Cookie Wars".  Two of us would make cookies and then 2 other girls would make them too.  All to fight for the attention of a guy...  Yes, we were crazy, but it sure was fun!  I do like to cook other things too, but I seem to do better with the baking!  Who knows...maybe one day I'll come up with some great new recipe!  But until then, I'll just make some that there are already recipes for!


I have this new obsession with yard sales.  It's become fun to buy things for super cheap and then figure out what to do with it!  And well...Pinterest is becoming my new best friend for those ideas.  At the rate I'm going this summer, I'll be spending all winter doing projects!  But that's good with me.  Here's a picture of all the stuff I've gotten over the last few weeks....and here's the best part: I got all this for around $20 - $25!!  See why this is becoming an obsession?!?!




That would be a $3 dresser, $3 mirror, $5 headboard, $3 rocking chair, and everything else was between twenty five and fifty cents!!  Yes...this is waaaayyyy too much fun!  Now here's where your help will be appreciated...help me figure out what to do with some of it!  Like how to paint something or how to redo the chair.  I'm up for all ideas!!


Last, but definitely not least, my dog is my life!  Her name is Daisy Mae and she's a Boston Terrier.  Trust me, I did a ton of research before I got a dog, but nothing would have prepared me for how sweet and yet wild this dog is.  But I wouldn't change it for anything.  She's absolutely precious!  Don't you think?!






How can anyone not love that precious face?!  Be prepared....I'm sure I will be posting plenty of Daisy Mae pictures and possibly videos.  She's my kid, what can I say?!  




In case you were wondering who my favorite country artist is right now...well, that's easy...it's Joe Nichols!  How can you beat that pure traditional voice?!  So here's his first video for you to enjoy, The Impossible.  See, aren't you in love with that voice as much as I am?!


Try to stay cool in this heat!!!!  I actually mean the weather...not how hot Joe Nichols is!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Michelle, I love your new blog!! I miss hanging out with you and hope you are doing great!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I'm having a little too much fun with this! I miss hanging out with you too. We need to catch up soon!

      Delete