Saturday, August 25, 2012

Yard Sale Saturday

This was a day full of yard sales.  Not all good ones, but plenty to at least drive by!  Gotta find the bright side in it.  Ha!  The first estate sale was way too over priced and the second was a bunch of junk....nicely priced, but junk.  Nothing I wanted to take home with me.  Well, two big pieces of furniture, but I had no where to put them.  So I left empty handed.  But let's get on to it.  What did I find?  You know you want to see pictures!  So here we go.

One of my favorite finds of the day.  These are old Opry programs.  Yeah, I got a total of 4 and paid $2 for all of them.  But this was so worth it!

I found this cute little ladder.  I only paid $1 for it and I think I have just the perfect place for it to go!

My mom saw this little basket and we just had to get it.  Just paid $1 for it too.

Then we made it to an estate sale that was on the last day and almost over.  Bingo!!  This is when to go.  Unless you want a bigger item or furniture.  It was half price day and since they just wanted to get rid of it, they were definitely willing to drop the prices even below the half price.  I got all of this for $10!

Let me break it all down for you.  I don't know if I can technically break down the prices because we kinda kept track of each and then well, we forgot that part!  It was so under what it probably should have been.

Here's the shutter's I got.  Aren't they great?

Here's the best part.  The price!  This is what I saw...$7 on each.  Still, half price that's just $3.50 each! 

But then I saw this $4 sticker. 

But wait....now there's a $2 sticker. 

See all the stickers.... 

So the exciting part?!  They took half of the lowest sticker!!!!  $1 for each!!!  Was this my lucky day or what?!

And look at this cute shutter.  Plenty of flowers on it.  And yet again, 2 stickers.

Yep, that's a $2 sticker.  That means I got this for $1 too! 

But here's the cutest part of this.  And such a great idea to do on other shutters!  Move them in the opposite direction and voila...

Isn't this the cutest thing ever?!?!  And I LOVE this saying!

And I couldn't pass up this little guy!

How about this awesome quilting hoop?!  Thanks to Pinterest, I have ideas!  Ha!

A cute strawberry basket!

And how about these salt and pepper shakers?!  Thanks again to Pinterest, this might just be  something fun to paint!! 

And how about this super cute little school desk?!  I have no earthly idea what I'm going to do with it, but I couldn't pass it up.  Do you blame me?! 

So there were my super fun finds for today!  If you have any idea of what to do with any of it,  as always, I'd love to hear your suggestions.  And what about you?  Did you get out to any good sales today?  If so, what did you find?  I hope you're as excited about your finds as I am about mine!!

2 comments: