Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Sauce-Pot Meat Balls


At a recent estate sale, I picked up several cookbooks.  This recipe came from the Metropolitan Davidson County Home Demonstrations Clubs in 1964.  It was submitted by Mrs. W.T. White.  And my oh my was it wonderful.  This is a recipe that I will for sure make again.

Sauce-Pot Meat Balls

1 pkg. dry onion soup mix
1 1/4 cup water
2 (8 oz) cans tomato sauce
1 lb. ground beef
1/2 tsp. seasoned salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1 Tbsp. chopped parsley

In deep, thick saucepan, bring to a boil quickly onion soup mix, water and 1 1/2 cans tomato sauce.  Simmer, covered, for 10 minutes.  In a bowl, mix ground beef, seasonings, parsley and remaining tomato sauce.  Shape into 16 meat balls and place them in sauce.  Simmer gently, uncovered for 25 minutes, turning occasionally.  Serve over hot egg noodles.



And while I was cooking this, I had these two cute girls watching my every move!



Hope you enjoy this yummy recipe!!  I know I will be making it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment