Monday, January 18, 2016

Brother Juniper's - Memphis, TN

Since my grandparents live in Memphis, it's very rare that we're able to get out and try good food around town.  But my mom and I decided to get on the road early and check out a place that we had heard amazing reviews about.  It's safe to say that Brother Juniper's didn't disappoint.

If you want to try this place, get there early.  The wait times can reach over an hour.  Thankfully we only had a 30 minute wait.  But on the plus side, they do have a coffee bar as you wait!

Since this is the rated one of the best breakfast places in Memphis, you would hope they would get it right.  Because they ONLY make and serve breakfast food!  And they are only open for breakfast!!!


Every review we read said to try the open face omelets.  But I had no clue how many options you would have to choose from.  


It was a hard decision, but we finally decided on what to eat.  I went with the Coastal Delight (but opted for no chipotle hot sauce) and my mom went for The Desperado.

We were seated at the bar area.  It's just the area where all the waiters and waitress are able to print out their checks, pour coffee, milk and cokes, get to-go boxes and drop off their orders for the kitchen.

There was an opening in the wall where we could see the kitchen.  So many order going in and they were working fast to get those orders out.  It was a little slow though.  After we placed our order, we waited another 30 minutes to get our food.  But once we did, it was worth the wait.


Here was mine.  The Coastal Delight.

The flavors.  Oh my!  It all went together so well.  The best part was the avocado spread.  It just pulled it all together.  And the cheese grits.  Best grits I've ever eaten.  No questions asked.


This was The Desperado that my mom got.  They sure know how to put salsa and sour cream into breakfast.  The bite I tried was amazing.  Again, another perfect combination of flavors.

It's easy to say that this was one of the most memorable breakfast I've ever eaten,

Type of Restaurant
Casual, sit down.

Type of Food
Breakfast.  Don't expect anything else.  But there's everything you could possibly want for breakfast.

Value for the Money
I did find the prices a little high.  However, when the food is that good, I have no problem paying a little more.

Cleanliness
I found this place to be very clean.  The restrooms were very clean as well.

Friendliness of Staff
The staff was nice.  However, I think our seat at the bar made it a little uncomfortable.  When the waitresses were waiting on the food to be ready, they would just stand right there and talk to each other.  Not the friendliest staff I've been around.

Would I Recommend this Restaurant?
100% Yes!!  One of the most memorable breakfast I've ever eaten!

Address:
3519 Walker Ave.
Memphis, TN 38111


No comments:

Post a Comment