Thursday, September 6, 2012

Making The Right Decision

Last night was such a hard night.  I knew this family seemed to want to adopt Bo, but I didn't want to part with the sweet little guy.  Then I got that e-mail that they were in fact ready to adopt him.

You would think this would be a happy thing, but yes, I admit it, I cried.  He's one of the sweetest most laid back Boston's I've ever met and I didn't want him not to be with me.

Then I saw my little Daisy Mae and realized how scared she's been in the house with him just because he's so big.  The decision was made.  He's needs to be in a one dog family where all the attention can be on him.  And this family is the perfect family for Bo!

Ready for the best part?!  Since Bo's new family has two little trips planned in October, he gets to come stay with me while they are gone!!!

Being a foster mom is going to be hard work.  You find a place in your heart to love someone you didn't think you could.  And then you have to give them up to other people that love them too.

God sure gives you strength when you need it.  And He's getting me through this adoption.  Knowing it's the right decision for Bo, Daisy, me, and Bo's new family makes it all worth it!

So what happens next?  I go do a home visit with his new family and then I do all the paperwork on my end. 

Bo will hopefully be with his new family this time next week!!!

If you're ever considering adopting a Boston, may I strongly recommend you check out the ones for adoption with Southern Cross Boston Terrier Rescue.  All of these dogs are fostered in someones home and they know their temperament extremely well.  You can be assured that the foster parents will not let you adopt a dog unless they feel that you would be the perfect fit.

So let's all keep our fingers (or well, paws) crossed that everything goes well with the home visit and Bo can be with his new family very very soon!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment