Monday, October 21, 2013

Finding My Style


I've been attempting to find a new style in my house.  And I finally found it!

A while back it dawned on me.  I had decorated my house with a lot of cowboy stuff.  Why?  I know nothing about that way of life.  Did I want that way of life?  Not exactly.  So why was that all my house was about? This is when I thought long and hard.  What is my style?  What defines me?

Someone once said to me that I was an old soul in a young body.  Well, the more I got to thinking about that phrase and looking at stuff I had picked up at estate sales, it was true.  I like a lot of old stuff.  But something I really love is lace.  It's just so pretty.  All the different patterns.  It's simple yet intricate and absolutely beautiful and girly.  It's feminine.

I also love simple and comfy.  When I want to sit on my couch, I want to be comfortable.  What describes comfort to me?  A nice big couch with a cozy blanket and lots of pillows.  Neutral colors are soothing.  So after a long day of work, going into a comfy living room is the perfect spot!

No, I'm not a girly girl.  I'm not afraid to get my hands dirty.  But I like that feminine side too.  Honestly, I'm a hopeless romantic.  I want that fairy tale ending!  So touches of lace show that.  I knew that I had to add that into my new design.

Here's a before and after picture of my embroidery hoops.  The lace defines my style so much better than the bandanna's did.

This is just a sneak peak of what's to come in the living room.  Be ready for some BIG changes!  And if you need a reminder of what my living room looks like, then check out this post: My Living Room


No comments:

Post a Comment