Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Recipes with Alcohol?

My friend Courtney and I decided to make dinner for some of our guy friends.  We picked out the date and started the menu prep.  That's when it hit us.  This dinner is going to be apart of our fun game night.  So why not make dinner actually part of the game?  Sounds fun, right?!

Then we got to thinking a little harder and BAM....we had the idea.  These are guys....they love to eat and well....they don't mind a good adult beverage every now and then.  So that's it.  Our dinner will be guess the alcohol in each dish!

Yes, we are very well aware that the alcohol cooks out.  But still, we thought this would be fun to see if we can retain any of the taste.  

I'm willing to use anything.  From beer, to liquor, to wine.

I've searched the Internet and found some great things.  Like these:




But here's my question for you.  Do you have a recipe that contains alcohol that you would recommend?

We are looking for snacks, appetizers, bread, meat, sides, and dessert.

Remember, the goal is to stump these guys!  And we are ready for the challenge!  

If you have any ideas, please comment below.  If you'd rather not comment here, feel free to e-mail me at DaisiesOverDiamonds@gmail.com.

Thanks in advance for all your help!  And I promise a recap post as soon as the dinner happens.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Michelle! Mamaw used to ask me to make a Barcardi Rum Cake every year for Christmas when you kids were young. Some of the silly kids would get a big hunk of it and stumble around after eating it & pretend to be drunk....LOL (We let yall have your fun & didn't tell you the alcohol cooked out) Don't actually have the recipe anymore but think u can find it easily online. I imagine Barcardi has a website presence, don't u think?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha That's really funny! I'll have to look into finding that recipe!

      Delete