Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Cooking with Alcohol - A Dinner Party

I had so much fun coming up with recipes for this dinner party.  My friend, Courtney, and I searched and searched for exactly what we wanted to cook.  It took more time than we thought it would to come up with the perfect menu, but all that searching paid off.

The catch was that everything we cooked had to have some form of alcohol in it.

So here goes!  Here was our menu:


Snacks

We used Sam Adams for the beer.  
I would absolutely make this dip again.  So good!  I thought it was even better the next day after being chilled all night.

Chex Mix
A recipe I made up myself with Jack Daniels.

Stop by tomorrow for the recipe!


Bread

We used Guinness for this recipe.  
I wish I could say that I loved this recipe, but the pepper was so overpowering.  I could barely eat a full slice.  If I had cut the amount of pepper in half, it might have been more manageable


Main Course

We used Sauvignon Blanc for the wine.
First off, it helps if you remember that when you double a recipe, you should also double the cooking time.  Ooops!  We still got to eat it and my goodness, it was amazing.  I will be making this again and again.

We used Yuengling for the beer.
My oh my....these were awesome!  I will absolutely make these again and again and again.  This could be my new potato go to dish.

We used Jack Daniels.
Holy cow.  Who knew?  This was amazing.  I may have to try this with Honey Jack sometime, but it was fabulous just the way it was!  It was simple to put together too.

Baked Apples
I created my own recipe for this as well.

Check back for this recipe.  It's coming soon!


Dessert

We used Firefly's Sweet Tea Vodka.
Our cupcakes came out a little dry, but overall, they were pretty good.  I'd like to try this recipe again and  not keep them in the oven as long.  
Oh, and did I mention that the vodka doesn't cook out of the icing?  It was a crowd pleaser for sure.


This dinner was so much fun.  And it's really inspired me to come up with new creations using alcohol in the future.  

I want to thank Courtney for all her help!  We had so much cooking to do and I could have never got it done on time without her!


We completely forgot to take out the camera that night, but here's us from a while back!

You really need to try some of these recipes!  You won't be disappointed.

Have you ever cooked with alcohol?  Any recipes you'd like to share?

No comments:

Post a Comment