Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Jacked Up Chex Mix


Yesterday I told you our menu from the dinner party where everything we cooked had alcohol in it.  Well today, here's the recipe I promised.

I jumped in the kitchen and started trying to create something.  It took several tries to come up with this recipe, but I think it really came out great.


Jacked Up Chex Mix

Ingredients:
2 Cups Corn Chex
2 Cups Rice Chex
1 Cup Wheat Chex
1 Cup Cheez-It
1 Cup Pretzel Sticks
1 Cup peanuts
1 Stick of Butter
2 Tablespoons Ranch Dressing Mix
1 1/2 Tablespoons Chili Powder
2 Tablespoons Jack Daniels

Directions:

Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
Pour corn chex, rice chex, wheat chex, cheez-its, pretzel sticks and peanuts into pan.
In a bowl, add melted butter, ranch dressing mix, chili powder and Jack Daniels.  Mix together well.
Pour over dry ingredients and mix well.
Cook for 1 hour stirring every 20 to 25 minutes to get all dry ingredients covered in the liquid mixture.
Let cool, then serve.


This is my new go to snack.  I sure hope you like this recipe as much as I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment