Friday, January 31, 2014

Grace in the Waiting

Sorry for not posting lately.  I've been out lovin' life lately and it hasn't left much time for me to write.

Without getting into my situation completely, I want to tell you what has changed my life.  For the longest, I prayed for patience.  And let me tell you, God sure gave it to me.  To the point that I felt like I was in this holding place and couldn't get past it.  I was all wrapped around in how patience would change my life.  Yes, it will, but being consumed with the idea of patience will make you go crazy.

My Nanny told me to stop praying for patience because God will sure give it to you.  No wonder I was feeling like I was in a waiting period.

But what do I pray for?  I thought about it for a while.  To be honest, I quit praying for patience, but I didn't know what I should be praying for instead, so I didn't pray for anything except my normal prayer omitting the patience line.  But something still felt like it was missing.

I kept thinking...what is missing.  I wasn't extremely happy.  I was just waiting it out.  God will provide when He's ready.  I might as well just exist while I wait, right?  That's sure what it felt like I was doing.

Then I heard a word that changed my whole life.  Grace.


I needed to learn to live life during the waiting.  I needed to live life with grace.

That's when my prayer changed.  I ask God every single day for "grace during the waiting".  

I don't dwell on the waiting anymore.  I enjoy life.  Enjoy every moment of life.  I stay busy.  I got to know myself.  I got to know my family more.  I got to know my friends more.  I cherish moments with people now.  I cherish how I spend my time. 

Yes, I'm still waiting for what God has laid on my heart, but I'm doing it with grace now and my life has been forever changed!

No comments:

Post a Comment