Friday, October 11, 2013

Day 5: Throw Timelines Out The Window

I know there are some timelines that are great to have.  Like professional goals.  But when it comes to life, sometimes it's best to throw the timeline out the window.

Growing up, I knew I was going to go to college and meet the love of my life.  I'd get married right after college at age 21 or 22.  Then I'd have my first kid by the age of 25.  Seemed doable, right?!  Wrong!

So when age 25 came and I hadn't even met the love of my life, I told myself that I have 5 years until I'm 30.  Surely I can reach my goal in 5 years, right?!  Yet again....wrong.

For the months leading up to my 30th birthday, I was depressed.  For no reason other than I hadn't reached my goal.

After that birthday, I had a come to Jesus meeting with myself!  Why was I putting a timeline on my happily ever after?  Shouldn't I want to wait for the right time with the right guy?  I don't want to just end up with some guy because he fit into my timeline.  I want to end up with the right guy...even if it takes several more years of waiting.

I want my happily ever after, but with the guy that God has chosen for me in the time God has chosen.

Who knows if I've already met the love of my life (maybe so!) or if I'm still waiting to meet him.  But who needs a timeline?  And why do I need that much pressure on myself?

So I've thrown my timeline out the window!  And I've never been happier!!

What about you?  What timeline have you thrown out your window?


31 Days
Day 4: You Have to Want It
Day 3: The Power of Positive Thinking
Day 2: Beautiful Beginnings
Day 1: The Past Can Hurt You...If You Let It

No comments:

Post a Comment